CADRE RESTRUCTURING OF GROUP ‘C’ EMPLOYEES OF DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
We are exhibiting below the proposal of the Department, regarding Cadre Restructuring along with the letter submitted by staff side to the Department, for modification of the proposal. As on date, the Department is not ready for any favourable modifications. We are continuing our effort to get it modified. Meanwhile all the Circle/Divisional Secretaries and office bearers are requested to intimate their view points on the proposal of the Department and also regarding the modifications suggested by the staff side. Department is ready to sign the agreement without any modification. In that case what should be our stand?
CADRE RESTRUCTURING – DEAPRTMENT’S PROPOSALS
The Committee constituted by the Department on cadre restructuring of Group ‘C’ employees vide No. 25-04/2012-PE I dated 23rd Oct 2013 held its discussions on 04th Feb 2014 at 1500 hours & on 05th Feb 2014 at 1430 hours under the Chairmanship of Shri V. P. Singh, DDG (Personnel). The following were present: -
1. Shri V. P. Singh, DDG (P) – Chairman
2. Shri Alok Saxena, Secretary PSB – Member
3. Ms. Trishaljit Sethi, DDG (E) – Member
4. Sh. Surender Kumar, ADG (PCC) – Member Secretary
1. General Secretary, AIPEU Group ‘C’
2. General Secretary, NAPE Group ‘C’
3. General Secretary, AIRMS & MMS
4. General Secretary, NU RMS & MMS Group ‘C’
5. General Secretary, AIPEU, Postman & MTS
6. General Secretary, NUPE, Postman & Multi Tasking Employees
2. The Committee had earlier met on 27th Nov.
3. The representatives of the Staff side informed that Postal Assistant cadre officials are getting promotions in promotional hierarchy to Grade Pay of Rs. 2800/- (PB-1) in Lower Selection Grade at a time when they are already placed in the Grade Pays’ of Rs. 4200/- (PB-2) or Rs. 4600/- (PB-2) on award of financial upgradation(s) under MACPS. At this, the official side asked Staff side to furnish copies of the orders on above lines from few Circles to corroborate the above claim. The Committee recommends that before processing these recommendations, Establishment Division may obtain the same from Staff Side. After discussions, the following recommendations in respect to the cadre restructuring of Group ‘C’ employees were agreed to by the Department.